Sint Maarten’s/St. Martin’s weather is ideal, refreshed by trade winds that keep you comfortable as the sun shines down. All the finer things in life can be found on this elegant island that shares the cultures of two countries. Visit both sides of the island for a true taste of this diverse paradise, where the sun smiles like the Dutch and the moon speaks perfect French.
Travel Facts about Sint Maarten/Saint Martin:
- To the south is the Dutch side, Sint Maarten, with its cosmopolitan capital of Philipsburg.
- To the north is the French side, St. Martin. Miles of glistening beaches complement the chic boutiques and French cafés.
- Beaches on the French side tend to be more secluded and more conducive to privacy. The French capital of Marigot is truly a culinary haven for sampling all regions of French cuisine.
- Orient Bay is popular due to its wide expanse of beach, underwater marine reserve with a coral reef great for snorkeling, and a variety of watersports.
- The average temperature is 81° F; the average water temperature is 78° F. Constant cooling trade winds ensure a temperate climate.