Puerto Vallarta provides an exotic blend of cosmopolitan culture surrounded by the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Watch whales up close in Banderas Bay from December through April. Puerto Vallarta’s sunny weather is ideal with average temperatures in the mid-eighties. Puerto Vallarta is comprised of two major resort areas – Puerto Vallarta to the south and Riviera Nayarit to the north. Within each, you’ll find a unique destination with its very own personality and charm.
Travel Facts about Puerto Vallarta:
- Open-air cafés, chic boutiques and modern art galleries line the vibrant seafront Malecón. Mountains tower above the glistening sea and golden beaches, while lush jungles surround the quaint village.
- When the sun goes down, the fun continues. Puerto Vallarta’s vast array of nightclubs is unsurpassed along Mexico’s Pacific Coast.
- Puerto Vallarta’s various resort areas including Marina Vallarta, Downtown/Viejo Vallarta, the action-packed Hotel Zone (between the Marina and Downtown) and Mismaloya.
- Puerto Vallarta enjoys a warm tropical climate all year round. January through April – high 86°F, low 63°F; May through Dec. – high 92°F, low 70°F.
- Riviera Nayarit is privileged for its natural beauty, ideal climate, white coral beaches and one of the most exuberant ecosystems in Mexico.
- The area’s facilities include a modern marina with 200 slips, shopping mall, quality international restaurants, three golf courses, a water park, two dolphin centers and miles of glistening white beaches.
- Riviera Nayarit’s resort areas include Punta Mita, Nuevo Vallarta, Flamingos and Bucerias.