In Aruba you are welcome to dream of endless sun and scenery. Aruba welcomes you to plunge into the breathtaking blue and crystal clear ocean and to lounge on sparkling white beaches. You’re welcome to plan the ideal family vacation, the perfect wedding, a romantic honeymoon or simply escape to a colorful world away from home. You’re welcome to explore …to make everything ‘Aruba’ your own …to find the perfect something, or nothing, to do. Aruba is a distinct blend of people from South America and Europe, from the Far East and other islands of the Caribbean. These diverse settlers add unique flavor to the lives of the inhabitants of the island.
Travel Facts about Aruba:
- Arubans are among the most educated people in the world, speaking English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento fluently. Many also speak French and German.
- Language can be seen as an important part of island culture in Aruba. The cultural mixture has given rise to a linguistic mixture known as Papiamento, the predominant language on Aruba
- Arubans are ardent music lovers and musicians and cherish their traditional music, such as the fiery tumba, the elegant danza and the fast-paced Antillean waltz.
- International cuisine runs the gamut from French to Fusion, Italian to Indian, from Japanese to Javanese. Local cuisine carries its own distinction with the sharp taste of the local “yerbe hole” basil bringing out the best of the “catch of the day.”
- The average annual temperature is 83° F (27° C), and rainfall amounts to just 17 inches a year, most of which occurs during the months of October and November.
Come enjoy the charm of windmills, lighthouses and twisting divi divi trees …or luxuriate in the world’s most opulent spas. Come play in the glittering casinos and luxury resorts …or wander the unsurpassed pristine beaches.