Renowned for its glamour and luxury Acapulco has a reputation for being a haven for the distinguished and wealthy. Acapulco has everything a vacationer could hope for. Boasting more than 12 miles of opaline beaches, Acapulco has a unique character all its own. While some travel to Acapulco for the sun some travel those looking for peace and solitude.
Travel Facts about Acapulco
- Millions of visitors a year,
- Only been in the tourist business for 50 years.
- Acapulco had 200 hotels by 1964 when the first authorized jet aircraft landed.
- Offers more variety, emotion, and Mexican flavor than any other tourist resort in the country.
- Have your breath taken away by the legendary “Clavadistas” (cliff divers) of La Quebrada, a dramatic rock formation on Acapulco’s western coast, not far from the Zocalo.
- A narrow finger of the Pacific reaches in below steep cliffs from which local ‘clavadistas’ dive 135 feet into the cove several times each day.